The team at Details is led by trained, certified event-planning professionals who have the expertise, technology and resources to take your event to the next level. You need an ROI on your meeting investment to deliver the best event experience to your participants. Our experienced event planning professionals are committed to delivering innovative, risk-reducing solutions and using the latest digital equipment and software to provide technology solutions to meet your event goals.
Our team’s event planning qualifications and 25 years of industry experience can’t be matched:
- Certified Digital Event Strategist
- Master’s of Hospitality Administration
- Event Planner of the Year
- University Event Production teacher
- Meeting and Incentive Travel Hall of Fame
- MeetingsCanada.com Hall of Fame
- Certified Meeting Professional
- Best Meeting in Canada winners
- Co-author Meeting Planners International textbook, MPI’s Planning Guide: A Source for Meetings & Conventions
When you leave your event details to Details, you’re trusting it to the best.
Founded in 1988 and based in Calgary, Alberta, Details Convention & Event Management takes a dedicated approach to planning your conference or event with strategic results. Details pays attention to even the smallest of event planning details, and we make sure your conference, event, social program or meeting culminates in a memorable experience for you and your guests.
Niesa brings unprecedented event planning expertise to Details. As a Client Experience Architect for Tourism Toronto, she was known for developing unforgettable experiences. Niesa is committed to taking your event to the next strategic level. Her relationships with planners, suppliers and convention vendors throughout Calgary and across Canada and North America will ensure an exceptional program for you and your guests.
- Masters Degree in Hospitality Administration from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, with a concentration in convention and event management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts from York University, with a concentration in technical theatre, specifically stage management
- Technical Theatre Diploma from Mount Royal University, with a concentration in stage management
- Teaches Event Production, Risk Management, Introduction to Events and the Final Project for Mount Royal University’s Event Management Certificate Program (online and in classroom)
- 2010: Niesa was awarded the “Planner of the Year” Chinook award from MPI Calgary.
- 2005: Niesa was recognized with a nomination for the MPI Toronto Chapter’s “New Member of the Year” award for her ongoing commitment to the advancing the meeting profession industry and has served on the board of the Calgary Chapter of MPI.
- Has stage managed touring productions of “Ragtime, the Musical” and “Mamma Mia!”, in both instances opening the North American and US productions.
Jean Silzer has provided conference and event management services to the Calgary meetings and event industry for over 20 years. Past and current clients sing Jean’s praises, calling her “creative,” “well organized,” someone who “kept on budget,” and “helps to keep the committee on track and working together.”
- Named to Meeting & Incentive Travel magazine and MeetingsCanada.com’s Hall of Fame
- 2010 Hall of Fame Inductee for Industry Builder recognized for developing best practices, creating professional guidelines and improving the way the event industry does business
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation in 1990, the first Alberta meeting planner to receive this designation
- Chaired and co-wrote the revisions to Meeting Planners International’s (MPI) textbook, MPI’s Planning Guide: A Source for Meetings & Conventions.
Details takes pride in assembling a team of event planning professionals with training and expertise in delivering exceptional meetings and events. The Details team approach to event management includes:
- Understanding your goals and delivering your strategy
- Event coordination through strategic planning and innovative thinking
- Monitoring and respecting your budget
- Relationships with top vendors and venues throughout Calgary, Canada and the United States
- Trained on the latest event technology and innovations
- Prepared for the unexpected with solutions and resources
- On-site troubleshooting
- On top of industry trends and education